We may not say it often but in reality, we have certain expectations of what a pharmacy ought to be and ought to have for us to continue patronizing it.
To me these things would make me say that the pharmacy that you and I are patronizing is the right one:
- Its location. The right pharmacy is one that is accessible and convenient. Personally, I find it a good thing when a pharmacy is near the hospital, the doctor’s clinics or even the grocery store. If it is near a grocery store, it is easy to drop by there whenever I am out to buy groceries. The location also needs to have ample parking space for the convenience of its customers.
- It offers affordable and quality medicines/products. There are pharmacies where you are sure the medicines are of good quality but apparently, their prices are higher than those available in others. It is such a good thing when you find a pharmacy which gives you both: quality and affordability. That it accepts discount cards like the janumet discount card is a plus point towards affordability. The range and availability of medicines there, is of course, an important consideration. No one wants to go to a pharmacy where the medicines you need are limited in stock or simply out of stock.
- It is clean, hygienic. We will always associate hospitals, clinics and yes, pharmacies as hygienic and clean places. It is a sad day to find dusty shelves or medicines on display in a pharmacy. I expect my pharmacy to be a clean, hygienic place.
- It is open 24 hours. While we wish all pharmacies are open 24 hours, unfortunately it is not always true. If it is located inside the mall, it will open and close shop depending on mall hours. Depending also on what city or country in the world you are, there are pharmacies which will not stay open after 12 midnight. My ideal pharmacy is one which is open 24 hours as they provide an essential service to people.
- It has welcoming, helpful and efficient staff. I do not know about you but I think all the 4 other things I mentioned above might be forgotten when you find yourself unhappy with the staff or more specifically, the kind of service they offer. I think we all want to be served by staff who are welcoming, helpful, efficient. It is already a difficult thing for you and me or our loved one to be unwell or sick, having cold and inefficient staff is the last thing we need.
What about you? What is the right or ideal pharmacy for you?