We often associate listening to music or playing music just as a hobby. But research has shown that music can in fact have a positive impact on our health and can even help in our healing.
According to the American Psychiatric Association, research has shown the following health benefits of music:
1. Reduced need for pain mediation when the person listens to his/her preferred music and less stress during medical procedures.
2. Alleviates depression in people who suffer from chronic pain.
3. Helpful in the recovery of speech ability for those who have suffered stroke or brain injury.
4. Improves sleep quality of people who battle insomnia.
5. Useful in helping people with Parkinson’s disease and dementia. Music therapy has been used to help people with Parkinson’s disease to help begin movement and help people with dementia particularly in reducing anxiety, depression and agitated behavior.
These health benefits from music can indeed encourage us not only to listen to music but to also take up playing music as well. And for that it’s a good thing to know where to get the instruments we will need to play music by just checking out our musicians friend contact.
Thankfully, investing in listening or playing music need not be that expensive compared to our other hobbies or other possible healing pathways we can take.